Frequently Asked Questions
- We are located near the town of Makawao, on the lower slopes of the Haleakala crater.
- Our zipline tour check-in is at 799 Piiholo Road, 1.2 miles above Makawao Avenue.
- Our canopy tour check-in and logo store are located at 1156-B Makawao Avenue. Get directions from our map.
- We do not offer a shuttle service, however, please feel free to contact our favorite car service, All In One Executive Services, at 808-870-4368, and ask about their special rates for Piiholo Ranch Zipline guests. You can also email them at email@example.com.
- Reservations are required, and must be paid for in full at the time of booking. Call 800.374.7050.
- For a full 100% refund we ask that you give us at least 48 hours notice for a cancellation or change to your reservation.
- No refund for cancellations or reschedules within the last 48 hours prior to your tour.
- No-shows will be charged 100% fee.
- Our ziplines operate 7 days a week. Tours begin at 8am, and run throughout the day until 3pm, based on season and availability.
- We are closed for tours on Thanksgiving afternoon, New Year’s morning, and Christmas Day.
- Our Reservations Center is open 365 days a year, from 7am – 7pm Hawaii Standard Time. Call 800.374.7050.
- Age Restriction Minimum: 8 years old.
- 8 to 15 years old on Zipline tours – Parent or guardian must accompany the child on the zipline or walk-along tour.
- 8 to 15 years old on Canopy tours – Parent or guardian must remain at canopy launch area.
- 16 & 17 years old – Parent or guardian must accompany to check-in and sign off on waiver.
- Age Restriction Maximum: None, as long as you can physically handle all aspects of the tours.
- Weight Restrictions - Zipline tours: 75lbs to 275lbs. Canopy tours: 60lbs to 250lbs. Tango Tower: 60lbs to 275lbs.
- You must be able to walk over unpaved terrain, ascend/descend stairs and steeply-inclined bridges, grip handlebars and carry a 10 – 12lb trolley.
- You must be physically and mentally capable of following instructions given by Piiholo Ranch Zipline staff.
- There is no smoking, alcohol, or drug use allowed on the premises. Any guest judged by our staff to be unwilling and/or incapable of following instructions, or to cause or potentially cause a safety issue due to intoxication, drug use or any other reason, will be removed from the premises and no refund shall be given.
- Pregnant women
- People with any type of recent surgeries
- People with neck, shoulder or back problems
- People with knee or ankle problems
- People with any other medical condition which may be aggravated by this activity
- All our tours operate RAIN OR SHINE; we do not refund for inclement weather. We do provide rain jackets, should conditions require.
- We will cancel tours in the event of lightning or thunder; we will reschedule your tour or refund up to 100% of the tour price if this occurs. Refund amount may be based on proportion of tour competed.
- In high winds or other adverse conditions, Piiholo Ranch Zipline reserves the right to cancel or reschedule tours, based on management’s assessment of conditions. We will reschedule your tour or refund up to 100% of the tour price if this occurs. Refund amount may be based on proportion of tour competed.
We offer a walk-along tour that accompanies both the 4-line and 5-line side-by-side tour. Covering less than a half-mile over gently rolling, unpaved terrain, the walk-along puts you groundside as the zippers fly by overhead. It offers great photo opportunities as well as time to relax and enjoy the views amongst the tall trees while the zippers do their thing! You’ll even take a break all together with light snacks and beverages.
While we do not, at this time, offer a walk-along tour on the canopy course, you are welcome to sit and enjoy some quiet-time at the picnic tables of the canopy launch area, or take a hike at the nearby Makawao Forest Reserve (ask the guides for directions.) The nearby small town of Makawao offers a variety of galleries, stores and restaurants to keep you entertained for hours.
If you have kids under the age of 8, there is unfortunately little to do at the zipline except sit at a picnic table. There are horseback lessons at nearby Piiholo Ranch (minimum age is 3) or a nice park about 4-1/2 miles away, it's officially called the 4th Marine Division Memorial Park. It has a large grassy field and picnic tables.
- Closed-toe shoes are required. No Croc-styles, walking sandals with open toes, water shoes or flip-flops.
- Long pants are not required, although we do recommend capris or longer shorts for comfort.
- We are at 2000 feet elevation, so we recommend sunscreen and a light cover-up.
- Don’t forget your camera; just make sure it has a strap for safety. Anything dropped on tour is gone for good.
- Don’t bring purses, backpacks or large fanny packs; they won’t fit with your harness and we have no place to store such items.
- We do provide a storage box for your keys.
We offer two different discounts through our website. The first is our "Early Booking" discount, which saves you 10% per person if you book more than 14 days prior to your tour date. The second is our "Online Discount", which saves you $10 per person if you book 14 days or less prior to your tour date. If you would prefer to call us directly, you can use our $10 discount coupons, which may be found in many on-island tourist magazines and websites. We also offer Kama’aina, Military, Senior, Group (8 or more), the A3H Gold Card, and Wyndham Aloha Card discounts. These are offered on direct bookings only; please call our Reservations Center at 800.374.7050 for more information or to book your tour.
Plan Your Upcountry Adventure
Use our chat box in the lower left corner, or call:800.374.7050
Piiholo Ranch Zipline
Just click on a star to find out more!
- Piiholo Ranch Zipline Piiholo Ranch Zipline Makawao, HI
- Piiholo Ranch Logo Store Piiholo Ranch Logo Store Makawao, HI
- Komoda Bakery Komoda Bakery Makawao, HI
- Surfing Goat Dairy Surfing Goat Dairy Kula, HI
- Kula Botanical Gardens Kula Botanical Gardens Kula, HI
- Alii Kula Lavender Farm Alii Kula Lavender Farm Kula, HI
- Polipoli Spring Park Polipoli Spring Park Kula, HI
- Tedeschi Vineyards Tedeschi Vineyards Kula, HI
- Ulupalakua Ranch Store Ulupalakua Ranch Store Kula, HI
Our canopy tours have it all: ziplines, canopy bridges, tree platforms & 2 tree houses to keep you high in the treetops the whole tour.
Challenge yourself and push the limits with our best canopy lines and climbing tower. Great for groups, birthday parties, and team building.